Okay, confession time. I realize I mention our blog nearly every time I write. There - see - I just did it again. I'm pretty sure this means I'm self-referential (a debatedly good or bad thing). It could also mean, though, that fear goes hand-in-hand with posting to an unknown audience... and that if I acknowledge my blog-writing could be ridiculous to you (the reader), I will make myself less ridiculous. Well, I mulled it over on my bike ride home tonight. Here's what I think:
TAKE THAT FEAR!
I don't even know what they're saying!! And with that, confession over.
In the same spirit, though, every good BLOG needs a contest. Unfortunately most prizes cost money. So... until we release our yet-to-be-named-soon-to-be-recorded record, tour Shanghai, and leave with a billion yuan in hand...
"there are so many of you!!! and you all bought cds!!!"
...well, it looks like we'll need to offer up something extra special.
Namely, my sister.
MAY I PRESENT TO YOU, BETHANY "THE REAL DEAL" WALLIN.
B-Bear and I are more than just siblings, you see - we are ROOMIES. And in-between debating the pros and cons of On Demand vs Netflix (I VOTE ON DEMAND) and watching Kathy Griffin's "My Life on the D-List" (which we wouldn't have been doing if we had ON DEMAND), she tells me this:
Young Wallin: I have to go to my co-worker's wedding.
Me: When is it?
Young Wallin: August 11th. It's a Saturday.
Me: Who are you taking? You should take Jamie.
Young Wallin: I don't know. Would he want to go? I don't have anyone yet.
Sorry Jam-Jam, but the playing field just got a whole lot more crowded.
"google images does nothing but bring up wrong pictures of Jamie Macleod"
YOU-ME-GO'S REAL DEAL CONTEST.
1. You get to take my sister on a date.
2. The date has to be on August 11th and you have to go to her co-worker's wedding.
3. There should be, ummm, beverages at the wedding. This is what my sister tells me. As long as you are responsible and at least 21 or if you have a good fake (JK PARENTS JK).
4. If the two of you really get along and start hanging out all the time, I might be home sometime when she is home and maybe I could let you hear our newly-recorded demos (JK BAND JK).
5. An all around pleasant evening (with no funny business - I will kill you).
6. A post dedicated to the winner and what separated you from the rest of the pack. I am for real.
1. Please write a
Feel free to include all things applicable (headshot, resume, a link to your myspace, why your parents love you, proudest accomplishment, etc)
2. Bonus hint: someone told me that being "confident," "fun," "sociable," and "still able to look cute without having to wear a tie" (because I don't think you have to wear a tie) are all good places to start.
3. Extra bonus hint: not having a girlfriend/wife is another good place to start.
All entries due: August 8th.
Who is eligible: Sorry ladies... unless you know an unattached guy-friend who'd be just the ticket! Then you could share prize #6. Other than that, this is only open to the dudes. You can be from anywhere. Also, there is no age limit. That cracks me up/worries me.
Please send all entries to:
Please send all entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org