9.13.2008

tasty treats 2008

I'm going to tell you a secret... I love baking. I love it so much that someday I want to open up my own dream bakery. This is important information because I might be posting some of my favorite recipes from time to time. Fall is almost here and with it comes the harvest of one of my favorite vegetables to bake/cook with... pumpkin!

1 1/2 cup flour (I like to use ww pastry flour but feel free to use all purpose, barley, spelt, ect.)
2 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon ginger
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3/8 teaspoon cloves
1/8 teaspoon cardamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
6 tablespoons softened butter
1/3 cup molasses
1/3 cup honey
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup milk or water
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup raisins or cranberries or dates or chocolate chips

step 1)small bowl- stir all dry ingredients together (except raisins and walnuts)
step 2)large bowl - mix all wet ingredients together (make sure butter is softened at
room temp not nuked in microwave)
step 3)mix them together until just blended, over mixing is bad, add in walnuts and raisins or whatever
step 4)pour into greased 9x5 pan at 350 for about an hour (it's done when tooth pick/fork comes out clean)

Hope you like it... If you like to bake... ha.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

but what does it make? it sounds good...but what is it exactly?

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if I should trust this or not, hahah.

Anonymous said...

I much enjoy the thought of creating this mystery dish, with understanding of/appreciation for what it is rearing only upon completion!

Anonymous said...

haha sorry for the delayed response. Since Devin has already embraced the mystery I almost feel bad about telling you that it is pumpkin bread.

Alda Wayupta said...

pumkin bread is awesome. i'll definitely try yours soon.
(i love baking too but never feel like baking for 1 person is the best idea (cause i just eat all of it))