9.27.2007



Wow... we're already in Oregon. The treasure trove that is NW music overfloweth with righteousness. In order to make this happen, I've simplified things to a list. I'm drawn to the follow... a few of which I received by divine appointment while feastin' on some banana walnut pancakes at Earwax. A lush, textural jam floated from the diner's speakers. I was so into it that I asked our kind waitress... low and behold... t'was "A small local band from Portland called Talk Demonic." To which I responded, "This moment was meant to be." She gave a nervous smile, walked away scared and came back with the check. Opps.
Horse Feathers
Yacht
The Blow
Talk Demonic
Joggers
Menomena
Pseudosix
Upsidedown Cat
White Rainbow
Dark Yoga
Panther
Mirah
Viva Voce
Yume Bitsu
Lips and Ribs
The Snuggle-Ups
Strength
The Beauty

Go outside or make banana walnut pancakes. Do something.

6 comments:

Nicky said...

Mirah! The Blow! Menomena! I had no idea these people were from Oregon. Crazy! YAAAAAY TALK DEMONIC AND EARWAX! I downloaded their cd and it's basically heaven.
Also on the subject of pancakes, Jessie made some cinnamon oatmeal pancakes for Ron and I this morning that were iiiincredible.

...its not you, its your narrative said...

snap! i'm glad you got the record. they're totally sweet!

...its not you, its your narrative said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KB said...

I think I'll go to Ikea and buy bookshelves! OK! Awesome!!!

Unknown said...

Yume Bitsu! Yes!

Y.A.C.H.T.! Yes!

-Phil

KB said...

horse feathers is playing tonight at beat kitchen... fyi